The dreaded flu season is quickly approaching. A virus causes the flu. Several kinds of viruses can give you the flu. While there is no cure for the flu, here are a few tips to support your immune system and help prevent the cold and flu naturally.
1. WASH YOUR HANDS and try not to touch your face. Did you know that we touch our face an average of 16 times per hour? It's a natural reflex so it might be an itch, maybe you’re a nail biter, or when concentrating you might put your hands under your chin. There are so many reasons we tend to touch our face but making a conscious effort not to can help.
2. YOUR GUT is the gateway to health. Nearly 80% of your immune system is located in your gut. Make sure your gut is healthy. Good gut bacteria helps fight off infections.
3. REDUCE SUGAR as it can suppress your immune system and make it more difficult for your body to fight off infections, including the flu virus. It also leaves you open to gut infections such as Candida and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), which suppress your immune system and cause leaky gut.
4. SLEEP is a necessity as your body relies on sleep to recuperate from daily exposure to toxins. Chronic sleep deprivation can significantly reduce immune function. Try your best to get 8 hours of sleep a night.
5. DRINKING BONE BROTH is extremely beneficial for your immune system. The benefits are thought to be from bone broth’s ability to reduce inflammation, thanks to amino acids such as proline and glycine.
6. EXERCISE can boost your immune system by increasing your circulation. Increased circulation allows antibodies to travel throughout your bloodstream faster, making it easier for your immune system to fight off an illness. Exercise can also enhance your immune system by relieving stress and slowing the release of stress hormones in the body.
7. TAKING AN IMMUNE BOOSTER is very important for supporting immune health, reducing inflammation, and improving antibody response. 'keep it real' Immune System Support combines 10 of the top immune-boosting ingredients: Vitamins C, E, and B6, Zinc, L-Glutamine HCL, Elderberry, Echinacea, Garlic, Turmeric,and Lactobacillus Acidophilus make this supplement one of the most effective on the market.
Supporting your immune system, strengthening your gut health, and remaining rested and stress-free are not only the keys to preventing the flu, but they are an integral part and will keep you on the path to optimal health. Do your best to stay healthy and Embrace the Ride to a healthier you!